Followers

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Butterfly........

Hello my friends,  It`s very damp and chilly here so I hope it is better for you wherever you are ;o). While I was cleaning my craftroom last week I came across a box with a load of Making Cards magazines which I had completely forgotten about,  I just had to investigate whether I wanted to keep them, well I could not believe that I had not used them earlier and a few I could not even remember looking at DOH. When I came across these craft papers and vellums I just had to use them. The magazine was dated 2008, and the idea for the card came from another MC Mag.



Recipe
6in square pink card
VersaMagic Pink Petunia Ink
VersaMagic Pixie Dust Ink
Card Candy
Hero Art Gemstones
Making Card Mag Freebies

I inked the edges of the bitterfly paper with pink petunia, folded the flower paper to create a frame inked with pixie dust tothe bits that were showing white added card candy,  gems,  and sentiment. Cit the butterfly out 3 times the top one is vellum and hey presto.
If anyone would like the measurements I will add them.

I would like to enter this into

                                     http://delightfulsketches.blogspot.com/
                                  http://craftypurplefrogchallenges.blogspot.com/
Chris xxx



30 comments:

  1. Wow Christine I love the shape of this one and as Im a pink girl I adore the shades of pink mixed with green, well done lovely card.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Chris, I had this magazine too and used it all up as I just adore butterflies. Your card is stunning. Love those colours together.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Chris - you could just put this right onto your wallxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card hun, love the fold and the butterfly is beautiful, love the papers too, fantastic design
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Christine , i had those Butterflys xx Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Chris, the papers are lovely, love what you have done with them x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies, always appreciated.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The papers are very pretty and I like what you have done with your card. I had these papers, but I can't remember what I made with them! Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely fabulous Chris beautiful papers and love how you've folded them
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Tina and Kerry always appreciated.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Card Chris, lovely papers! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card, love the colors and that butterfly is just adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Jo and Abbie always appreciated.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely card, so pretty.
    Carolxx

    www.dreamees.org.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely papers and the butterfly is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christine that is so lovely the colour folds and butterflies xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow fabulous card chris, louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Chris...is this shape EVER original!!!This is such a DELIGHTFUL card! It is adorable and so creative. The colors are great and so is your work. It is clear you put in alot of work. Smiles - Samara DELIGHTFUL CHALLENGES DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way you've build the framing element on the card. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous card Chrissie, it's amazing what we find in our stash sometimes :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I cannot bring myself to part with any of my magazines... I have also made a card like this before but I had forgotten all about it until I saw this. Lovely card - such pretty papers. Thanks for visiting my blog. Marie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing along at The Crafty Purple Frog! Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a stunning card love the shape and colours hugs Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  25. absolutely beautiful card Chris thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is gorgeous, I love the butterfly and your folded frame.
    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely. I remember this in the mag too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you my friends for your wonderful comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hiya Chris, this is lovely, makes a very special keepsake. Did you get my pm ok?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for taking the time and popping by and leaving comments
I appreciate each and everyone xx